Energy Efficient Windows and Doors
What are they?
• Energy Star Certified Windows and Doors significantly reduce the heat loss from your house
How do they work?
• Coated with “low emissivity coatings” that act as an extra barrier of insulation on your windows
• Inert gases are trapped between the panes of glass that act as extra insulation, and are superior to air used in regular windows
• They also come in triple glazed variants which provide added benefits
• Can save 8% of your energy bill as opposed to regular windows
• Reduced condensation on the inside of windows
• Reduce outside noise
• Can be expensive upfront and installation costs
• Can receive a rebate of $500 per window replaced up to $5000 total
• Greenon.ca for more info