Solar Thermal Heating
What is it?
• Using the warmth from the sun to heat your home
How does it work?
• Cool air from the home is pushed into a panel outside the home
• The panel is made of materials that easily trap heat, like metals
• The air heats up while in the pane and rises
• The air then re-enters the home at the top and heats the home
• Most of the materials used are recyclable
• The payback period is between 4-8 years depending on factors including the size and efficiency of the system and the local climate
• Operating expenses are almost nothing, since there is no need for fuel like other heating systems
• Doesn’t heat you house as well at night, or during poor weather
• Higher initial investment than fuel-sourced heating